Disability Cost of Living Payment
You may be entitled to a Disability Cost of Living Payment of £150 if you get any of the following benefits on a certain date:
- Attendance Allowance
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Disability Living Allowance for adults
- Disability Living Allowance for children
- Personal Independence Payment
- Adult Disability Payment (in Scotland)
- Child Disability Payment (in Scotland)
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
- War Pension Mobility Supplement
This guidance will be updated with the qualifying date for the payment when it has been announced.
If you were getting a qualifying benefit from the Ministry of Defence and a qualifying benefit from DWP, you will get a Disability Cost of Living Payment from DWP only.
When you’ll be paid
Most people will be paid the £150 Disability Cost of Living Payment during summer 2023.
This guidance will be updated with the payment dates before the payments start.
Payments will be made to people who were getting a qualifying disability from DWP before payments to people who were getting a qualifying benefit from the Ministry of Defence.
Your payment might come later, for example if you’re awarded a qualifying benefit at a later date or you change the account your benefit or tax credits are paid into. You will still be paid the Cost of Living Payment automatically.
Pensioner Cost of Living Payment
If you’re entitled to a Winter Fuel Payment for winter 2023 to 2024, you will get an extra £150 or £300 paid with your normal payment from November 2023.
The full amount of Winter Fuel Payment (including the Pensioner Cost of Living Payment) you will get for winter 2023 to 2024 depends on when you were born and your circumstances during the qualifying dates.
You can get a Winter Fuel Payment for winter 2023 to 2024 if you were born before 25 September 1957.
This guidance will be updated with the qualifying dates for the payment when they are published.
You will be sent a letter in October or November telling you how much Winter Fuel Payment you’ll get if you’re eligible.
2022 Cost of Living Payments
This guidance is about Cost of Living Payments being made in 2023 and 2024. You can read about the Cost of Living Payments in 2022 in separate guidance.
Use an independent benefits calculator to find out what benefits you could get.
You may be able to get other kinds of support, including:
- help from the Household Support Fund from your local council in England
- the Discretionary Assistance Fund in Wales
- a Crisis Grant or Community Care Grant in Scotland
- Discretionary Support or a Short-term Benefit Advance in Northern Ireland